Middle School | Upper School Art Teacher 2021
Middle School/Upper School Art Position
Houston Academy, Dothan, AL
Houston Academy is a premier, independent college preparatory school located in Dothan, AL. Houston Academy is searching for a Middle School and Upper School art teacher beginning in August 2021.
The ideal applicant will possess the following:
- A degree in art education, experience preferred
- A passion for working with children
- The ability to work well with parents and colleagues
- An inspiring, innovative, and nurturing teaching style
- A desire to be a life-long learner eager to participate in professional development
- Strong art skills in diverse mediums
- An ability and willingness to showcase his or her own work
- Excellent technology skills
- Instruct middle school and upper school classes in art
- Provide a welcoming learning environment that allows for collaboration and independence
- Maintain student records and prepare progress reports
- Implement a consistent discipline plan in a positive atmosphere
- Integrate 21st century learning skills
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of the students
- Meet with parents to discuss progress and needs of the students
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development of the curriculum
- Collaborate with the drama department to help design and build sets for productions (where possible)
- Conduct after school art activities and plan and facilitate student art shows
- Submit student work for state, regional, and national recognition
Salary will be commensurate with degree level and teaching experience.
Houston Academy is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the Alabama Association of Independent Schools.
Houston Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It strives to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap or disability in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. It is the intent and resolve of Houston Academy to comply with the letter and the spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity. This equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, compensation and training.
If interested in this position, please email your vitae, list of references, and a personal/educational statement to Dr. Vince Janney at email@example.com. For more information, please visit our website at www.houstonacademy.com and our Facebook page.
Houston Academy is a 3P – 12th independent private institution in Dothan, Alabama.
With world-class academics and small class sizes, we work hard to provide a safe learning environment for every student. We would love for your child to be a part of our family.