Upper School Math Teacher
Houston Academy, Dothan, AL
Houston Academy is a premier independent, college preparatory school located in Dothan, AL. Houston Academy is searching for an Upper School English teacher (beginning in the 2020-21 school year) to teach Upper School Math. The ideal applicant will possess the following:
● A master’s degree, preferably in Math or measurable mastery of the subject area.
● Strong leadership skills.
● Experience teaching and/or a willingness to teach a wide variety of Math courses including PreCalculus, Calculus and/or Advanced Placement Calculus A/B
● A strong commitment to students and their learning.
● Ability to use and integrate technology within the classroom.
● The personality traits of enthusiasm, creativity, imagination, and a strong desire/ability to collaborate within the Math Dept. and across content areas.
● An inspiring, innovative, and charismatic teaching style.
Math Job Duties:
● Teach 5 Upper School Math courses and an elective class or study hall.
● Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
● Perform professional development and keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
● Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks and electronic media.
● Participate in campus and community events.
● Sponsor an extracurricular activity.
Salary will be commensurate with degree level and teaching experience.
Houston Academy is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the Alabama Association of Independent Schools.
Houston Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It strives to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap or disability in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. It is the intent and resolve of Houston Academy to comply with the letter and the spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity. This equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, compensation and training.
If interested in this position, please email your vitae, list of references, and a personal/educational statement to Mr. Craig Selig at email@example.com . For more information, please visit our website at www.houstonacademy.com and our Facebook page.