Houston Academy, Dothan, AL
Houston Academy is a premier independent, college preparatory school located in Dothan, AL. Houston Academy is searching for a grade 6-12 learning specialist (beginning in the 2019-20 school year) to work with students with identified learning disabilities within a college preparatory environment. Houston Academy seeks to provide a unique opportunity for students who have diagnosed learning disabilities to receive a rigorous education within a college preparatory environment.
The ideal applicant will possess the following:
- Ability to apply, interpret, and analyze psychoeducational testing;
- Experience teaching MS and US students with learning disability;
- General knowledge to assist MS and US students with rigorous content in math, science, social studies and English;
- Strong leadership skills;
- The personality traits of enthusiasm, creativity, imagination, and a strong desire/ability to collaborate across content areas;
- An inspiring, innovative, and charismatic teaching style.
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support and resources to students and teachers in a positive environment;
- Create and share action plans for students with faculty who work with that student and update that plan, as needed;
- Provide training for staff and parents to assist students with learning difficulties;
- Organize and develop an after-school reinforcement program;
- Assist students to improve test-taking skills;
- Participate in campus and community events.
Salary will be commensurate with degree level and teaching experience.
Houston Academy is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the Alabama Association of Independent Schools.
Houston Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It strives to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap or disability in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. It is the intent and resolve of Houston Academy to comply with the letter and the spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity. This equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, compensation and training.
If interested in this position, please email your vitae, list of references, and a personal/educational statement to Craig Selig at email@example.com . For more information, please visit our website at www.houstonacademy.com and our Facebook page.